Aug 9, 2007

ST SNG Ladder Challenge

I found this post by Ando05 (sign up!) on TalkingPoker.Com. I give him credit for the idea, I'm just following his lead to see how it works out for me. It is basically a progressive ladder format playing ST SNG's. I will be doing this on PokerStars. If you want to join any online gaming site, I would suggest following this link at TalkingPoker.

Here is the basic format in 6 Steps

STEP 1: 5.00 +.50 ST SNG. When I finish 1st - move on to step two. If not, repeat step 1 until I finish first.

STEP 2: 10.00+1.00 ST SNG. When I finish 1st - move onto step three. If I finish 2nd - 3rd, repeat step 2. If I finish 4th - 9th, move back to step 1.

**NOTE: For STEPS 3-6, I need to have a min of 2 cash finishes per step to move up to the next level. One of those finishes needs to be 1st before moving on. I don't think it a good idea to move up to a level and finish on top during my first attempt and then move up another level. By requiring min 2 cash finishes (with 1 being first), this allows me to build the bankroll to support the larger buy-ins. The other guidelines still apply**

STEP 3: 20.00+2.00 ST SNG. When I finish 1st - move onto step four. If I finish 2nd - 3rd, repeat step 3. If I finish 4th - 9th, move back to step 2.

STEP 4: 30.00+3.00 ST SNG. When I finish 1st - move onto step 5. If I finish 2nd - 3rd, repeat step 4. If I finish 4th - 9th, move back to step 3.

STEP 5: 50.00+5.00 ST SNG. Same as above, except if I finish 4th - 9th, move back to step 4.

STEP 6: 100.00+9.00 ST SNG. When I finish 1st - END STATE. If I finish 2nd - 3rd, repeat. If I finish 4th - 9th, move back to step 5.

I will post here on my progress. I will continue this ladder until one of the below are met:

1. 60 days have passed since this posting

2. I have reached end state

3. I have zeroed my bankroll for this mission

Obviously - I have zero attempts at this. If I make it through STEP 6, I expect this challenge to yield a bankroll of $1,100 or so +/-.

My current bankroll for this challenge is: $100.00.


No comments: