Aug 13, 2007

2nd Round of $5.00 + .50 SNG's

After being banged out of level 2 last Friday night, I decided to take a break for the weekend. So here I am again. Decided to give 2 of em a go tonight.

First one. Finished second. I decided to play ultra-tight until the blinds went to 50/100. Loosened up my play a bit with 5 at the table. Built my stack slightly and the next thing I know - there are three of us left. I'm the shorty with about 3.5K. Middle stack is close to me. I just sit back a couple hands and big stack knocks out little stack. Now I'm really short. Long of it short - I couldn't double up, stack got really small and ended up going all in with 23off. LOL. 2nd will work for me I guess.

Second one. Yeah me! Took it down. Decided to go a little aggro in when the BB hit 50. Seemed to work because I maintained a pretty healthy stack for the majority of the SNG. Heads up - we went back and forth for a long time. Finally I had him down to 4.5K in chips. I was dealt QQ. I opened with a 4x bb raise. He pushed and I called. He showed AA. YUK!!!! I was prepared to have this see-saw go another 1/2 hour so but I turned a Q. That was it.

Not a bad night. Feels good to only take 2 to put me back to level 2. Interesting to note that I've played a total of 7 SNG's at level 1. Cashed in 4 of them. I might start tracking that as well, how many I play at each level and my cash ration. I may try a spreadsheet or something and post it. Dunno though...sounds like a little bit of work.

MTF latter.

SNG Bankroll: $118.00

No comments: